Fine Art - NOMINEE: Muriel VEGA
Réflexion - Forest
Support this photographer - share this work on Facebook.
• The project is to photograph a selection of the most beautiful forests in the world. The aim is to bring attention to the beauty of the forests and to promote different preservation groups, namely :
- associations for the defense of the forest or to the rights of indigenous peoples.
- corporations in the fields of sustainable energy, eco-housing, fashion, food ...
• The project is to meet and promote each destination, the protection actors Forest and advocacy groups for biodiversity or for the rights of indigenous peoples and realize their portrait.
• The initiatives that are working to protect the forest and promote the common welfare need visibility. Art can help raise awareness and strengthen the relationship between reforestation and consumption mode. It is necessary to give more visibility to these initiatives and to create links between different disciplines: art, associations and sustainable development.
• The project concern the forests the Amazon, the United States (Redwood), the Australia (Daintree), Indonesia (Sumatra), Japan (Yakushima), China (Shunan Bamboo), India (Forest Kareem), Madagascar (Masoala) and finally in the Congo basin (Kouilou region).
• A blog to communicate about the different stages of the project and the project partners was create : reflexionforet.com
• 20% of profits donated
Part of the profits from the sale of prints will be donated to reforestation association
• Back from each destination : exhibition, promotion of the partners, debates, meetings, events
• An artistic approach
Due to a special technical Muriel Vega mixture topics vegetation so that they make one with nature. The series «Reflection» has the intention to propose a particular conception of the image, a perception which reflects in part the Indians and especially of Shamans that integrate different dimensions of reality, in symbiosis with the plant and animal world. The artist questions the value of the image and feel close to their dreamlike vision of reality, beyond the physicalités and appearances. The photographer works with a 4x5 Chamonix N1 camera.
• The environmental issue
Muriel Vega photography forests in recent years. This project was born of his desire to pay tribute to the beauty, uniqueness and diversity of forests from the world. This project is a statement of intent at the location of the forest and the people who live there. His approach is that of a citizen sensitive to the environmental cause.
Educated at Les Gobelins photography school in Paris Muriel Vega made a few portraits for the press and works as a graphic designer for advertising before devoting himself to art photography. For her photography is an exciting tool that it has a reflectivity of what constitutes the different strata of reality. It examines the possibilities and limits of the image, the view, chance, memory, symbol and its interpretation, the relationship with reality, the belief in general, poetic link, meaning that we give to things.