Conceptual - NOMINEE: Víctor Casas
Support this photographer - share this work on Facebook.
Being open in coexistence requires extraordinary intelligence and adaptability, liveliness, understanding.
And when that does not exist, I isolate myself.
My unconscious desire in the life of relationship is not to suffer harm, to seek security, shelter; and when that breaks down, my longing is not fulfilled.
Then I begin to isolate myself.
I am isolated, I live in my own world. And that is a very lonely world.
It is a painful world, with occasional flashes of joy and fun, happiness;
But it is a lonely world.
My beliefs, my ideas, are a form of isolation.
When I retire, when I give up something, it is a form of isolation.
I can only understand when I am not isolated.
Madrid, 1969. I started my career in photography in a self-taught way. Later I do different workshops and courses and I focus my work around the landscape and the emotions. The landscape witnesses a moment and a process, it is part of my memory. I unconsciously keep images that, later and in some unknown way, emerge in my deepest memories as a feeling. Emotion.
- International Master in Contemporary Photography and Personal Projects at EFTI, Madrid.
- Professional Course II of Photography at EFTI, Madrid.
- University Expert in Photography at Miguel Hernández University.
- 2017: Finalist The best photography books of the year PHE 2017
- 2017: Finalist Discoveries Photoespaña 2017
- 2017: Finalist International Photography Prize Banca March.
- 2016: Finalist Nexofoto16