Landscape - NOMINEE: Birgit Schlosser
Support this photographer - share this work on Facebook.
The Fire Mountains, a group of volcanoes, are part of the Timanfaya National Park on Lanzarote. It is not allowed to walk through them at will. There is only a narrow road that is approved for vehicles and bicycles, but without the possibility of stopping or parking. So I decided to walk along the road to photograph this impressive, mostly untouched volcanic landscape. I walked around for hours while weather and light changed - ultimately the best idea to experience this multifaceted landscape intensively. A landscape characterized by volcanic eruptions, which hundreds of years later is still the way it was formed.
Birgit Schlosser is Visual Designer and Photographer, with a strong preference for architectural and landscape photography, trying to capture them with a minimalist approach. She is particularly interested in modern, monumental architecture and its variety of geometric forms and extraordinary design. As landscape photographer she's looking for vastness, stillness, the sublime - and sometimes also a touch of surrealism.
- 2019 Annual Photography Award - Honorable Mention 2x
- 2019 International Photography Grant - Nominee Category Landscapes
- 2019 IPA OneShot: Street Photography - Honorable Mention
- 2019 Chromatic Photo Awards, Architecture - Honorable Mention
- 2018 ND Photography Awards, Category Nature: Landscapes - 1st Place and Gold Star Award
- 2018 ND Photography Awards, Architecture: Buildings - Honorable Mention 2x
- 2018 Chromatic Photo Awards, Architecture - Honorable Mention 3x